Ever wanted a baked sweet potato, but didn’t have around 45 minutes to wait until it finished cooking?
I find myself in this situation a lot. Sweet potatoes are my favorite healthy carb because they are delicious, they’re a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and they’re reasonably priced.
I found a “have my cake and eat it too” in sweet potato rounds. They take half the cooking time and I get to have my favorite healthy carb with the same great taste. Check out how I make delicious sweet potato rounds.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Ground Cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400-425 (if your oven gets really hot, 375-395)
- Remove skin from sweet potatoes
- Slice sweet potatoes slightly less than 3/16”
- Place sweet potato rounds on a baking pan (with foil, optional)
- Spray both sides of sweet potato rounds with olive oil
- Sprinkle the side facing up with ground cinnamon
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside